Love is in the air! Happy Valentine’s Day 2017!
Valentine’s Day is coming – a day celebrated on February 14 every year all around the world, when cards, gifts, and flowers are exchanged between persons who are romantically involved or attracted to each other.
Valentine’s Day History
February has long been celebrated as the month of love and romance. Valentine’s Day, Saint Valentine’s Day or also known as the Feast of Saint Valentine Day began as a celebration on February 14, the day on which Saint Valentine commemorated.
Emperor Claudius II of Rome didn’t want young men to marry during the period of war which was based on the assumption that bachelor soldiers fought better than married ones. The reason being that married soldiers might be scared of their families and wives if they passed away. Saint Valentine went against this and began officiating marriages in secret.
Hence, Saint Valentine was imprisoned and executed. According to another theory, Saint Valentine is said to fall in love with the jailor’s daughter. While in jail he wrote a letter to the jailor’s daughter signing it “From – Your Valentine”.
Valentine Week Chart
February has long been celebrated as the month of romance and love. Here is the complete chart of these romantic days –
|7 Feb||Rose Day||the day on which all lovers greet each other with beautiful red roses.|
|8 Feb||Propose Day||the day on which you propose the boy/girl that you have a crush on.|
|9 Feb||Chocolate Day||the day on which you share chocolates with family, friends and loved ones.|
|10 Feb||Teddy Day||the day on which you share teddy bears to your loved ones.|
|11 Feb||Promise Day||the day to express and share your trust with your loved ones since promise builds trust in the relationship.|
|12 Feb||Kiss Day||the day to express the love boyfriend and girlfriend kisses each other.|
|13 Feb||Hug Day||the day on which you hug your family members, friends and loved ones to express the love and affection.|
|14 Feb||VALENTINE DAY||the day on which you show your love by presenting greeting cards, presents, and flowers to your spouse or loved ones.|
Facts About Valentine’s Day You Should Know
- Around 1 billion Valentine’s day cards are exchanged every year.
- Every year, more than 35 million heart-shaped chocolate boxes are sold on this day.
- 73% of people who buy flowers on this day are men, and, only 27 % are women.
- Red roses were the favorite flower of Venus (Roman Goddess of Love). That’s why they stand for strong romantic feelings to express on this day.
- Valentines Day is banned in Saudi Arabia.
- Are you single? Don’t despair. You can celebrate China’s Singles Awareness Day (SAD) instead of Valentine’s Day. Celebrated on Nov 11, SAD or Bachelors Day is better known for online shopping.
- Popular saying “Wearing Your Heart on Your Sleeve” is a general expression to indicate the feeling of love.
- Pets can be your Valentine too.
- Each color of rose sent on this day have a special meaning e.g. red rose means respect and love, pink means you have sweet thoughts about them and white rose means purity and says, “I am worthy of you”. Also, the number of roses counts for example, 1 rose for love at first sight, 12 roses for to say, “I love you”, 108 roses for marriage proposals and 999 for “we’ll always be together.”
- The best Valentine gift ever was the Taj Mahal in India built by Mughal Emperor Shahjahan in memory of his wife.
Gift Ideas for Valentine Day
For him – Popular ones are Books, Watches, Shoes, Smartphones, Close Shave, Leather Backpack, Tie, and Shirts.
For her – Popular ones are Gift Boxes, Jewellery, Scarf, luxurious scent, food processor, Smartphone, Cameras etc.
What after Valentine’s Day?
After Valentine’s Day, Anti-Valentine Days come. Enjoy these days to end this month!
15 Feb: Slap Day
16 Feb: Kick Day
17 Feb: Perfume Day
18 Feb: Flirting Day
19 Feb: Confession Day
20 Feb: Missing Day
21 Feb: Break Up Day
What are your plans? Are you celebrating with someone special? Have you any ideas to add, I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
[themify_button color=”#F05D02″ link=”http://www.deepanshugahlaut.com/blog/” text=”#FFFFFF” ]Read Latest Blog Posts[/themify_button]