One of the most popular and loaded question – “How do I get more followers on the LinkedIn business page?” There are so many articles written by well-known authors who have suggested on how to get more engagement on the LinkedIn company page.
Yet, here I am, I’ve implemented few things to increase followers on my LinkedIn company page. Before we start, you must know that –
LinkedIn Page and LinkedIn Profile are not same
A LinkedIn company page helps businesses and brands to promote its services and products, help members learn their business and find job opportunities. Any LinkedIn member can follow the company Page. On the other hand, LinkedIn profile represents individuals.
For a company, it’s the opportunity to:
- Tell your brand story
- Engage with the audience
- Share career opportunities
- Promote services and products
For LinkedIn members, a company page is a place for/to:
- Get the latest company updates, insights, trends and industry news.
- Learn about job opportunities.
Let’s start –
1. Create a meaningful and engaging introduction & look
The first impression is always a lasting impression. Make sure company page is visually appealing, up-to-date and professional. Here are the key points:
- Capture visitor’s attention with a stunning cover image.
- A brief and keyword rich introduction (Since Google crawl your page and shows 156 char in search) that tells your brand story.
- Spotlight number of employees, products, and services.
- Provide a link to your website.
- Showcase your products and services – Recommended if you want to share specific content to target audience segments for ex. a showcase page for your career, knowledge base, support etc.
2. Ask your employees to follow and add the page to profile
After creating the company page, ask your employees to edit their profiles to show that they work for your company.
After this, they’ll appear as employees on your LinkedIn Company page.
3. Encourage employees to send mail with a link to company page in signature
Whenever you or any other employee send a business email, it is always good to have a link to the LinkedIn company page in their email signature.
4. Add a follow button to your website to convert site visitors to your followers
You can put the LinkedIn Company follow button that makes it easy for people on your website follow your company on LinkedIn with just a single click.
5. Sponsored updates
Sponsored updates are the best way to keep your content in front of the target audience and drive quality leads. With the help of direct sponsored content, you can reach the targeted audience without publishing it on your company page.
6. Use of showcase pages
These are the child pages of the company page dedicated for highlighting a specific aspect of your business, for example, career, support or different products. Now, you can share the specific updates such as job opportunities to specific audience segments (Who are interested only in the specific aspect of your business).
7. Engage with audience
Engaging with the audience is an important metric that distinguishes you from others and leads to business success. Each and every company update should be useful, informative and engaging. Here are some tips for engaging with audience –
- Balance various types of content including business insights, informational, motivational etc.
- Find and share timely content, for example, let your audience know that you are sponsoring a conference.
- Examine comments and shares.
- Encourage audience to take participate in surveys etc.
8. Make use of Groups
LinkedIn groups are a place where professionals with the common interest share content, find answers, post and view jobs and make business contacts.
9. Create and share viral content
Here are the few ways by which your company updates can go viral –
- Post quality content, videos, images, quotes, and links to different business resources.
- At least two posts a day including weekends.
- Monitor your competitors what they are sharing.
- Share timely content between morning and midday, Monday through Friday.
- Invite customers to write reviews.
10. Measure the result and refine your strategy
All done? Now, this is the time to measure the results. In the analytics tab (Visible only to page admins) you will see –
- All Updates you made – clicks, impressions, engagement percentage, followers acquired from that update.
- Reach Graph – shows unique organic impression in the selected date range.
- Engagement Graph – shows clicks, likes, comments, shares, followers acquired in the selected date range.
- Followers – No of followers, follower demographics, and follower trends.
- How you compare – your comparison to some other companies on the basis of followers.
These metric will show you where to improve and change the way you are using your LinkedIn page. This will help you to refine your current strategy for sending more optimized updates that will result in follower growth.
This is what I learned and implemented to increase LinkedIn followers to the company page. Have you same or there is anything you would like to add to this list? Please share in comments.